Que Sera Sera
When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.
Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.
When I was young, I fell in love
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead
Will we have rainbows, day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said.
Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.
Now I have children of my own
They ask their mother, what will I be
Will I be handsome, will I be rich
I tell them tenderly.
Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.
(que means that in spanish and portuegese and german)
was just thinking about my childhood days.then there's this land before time series i used to watch. Little Foot's grandpa once said, "When they are young, they want to grow up. And when they are up, they wish they were young again."
during my childhood days, my parents would sometimes ask hey little one what do you want to be when you grow up. (then tries to tell me that the best route is to be a doctor) igniting the idea of future in my mind. guess that made me start thinking about the future. many a times people advise you to have goals in life. but sometimes, i feel that goals make you forget to enjoy the present moment. i guess when you reach your goal, you bask in a moment of euphoria, but then again i guess we forget that to reach that goal, we miss out the many other moments that we could have had. is having that moment of euphoria really that important? someone once told me that she regretted not enjoying her university days because she decided to take advantage of her youth and study really hard(working through the night, putting lots of stress on oneself) and complete university as soon as possible. reason, to start working as soon as possible by completing her studies. thus the advice given to me was to enjoy my study life. another friend once said, why start working now when you will be working for your entire life. i guess the outcome is just as important as the process. there's this chinese saying for wushu, xue hao san tian, nian hao san nian. basically saying to learn an art it can take mere 3 days but to master it, it would take 3 years. the idea of ns is somehow good, i guess although it wastes 2years of your time but it might build you up in someway... but then again i'm not going into army not quite in the position to say... anyway, i guess sometimes we rush through life and miss out the finer details. i guess that's why God looks at the heart. things of the world are not fit to be a basis of judgement.
thank God for looking at the heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment